Innkeepers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum for guild Innkeepers from Darkwolf realm on Tru-WoW server at http://www.tru-wow.com/

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Unlocking Need on Offspecs

Go down 
+3
Nici
Shellesham
Inception
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Inception

Unlocking Need on Offspecs Empty
PostSubject: Unlocking Need on Offspecs   Unlocking Need on Offspecs EmptyThu May 12, 2011 10:16 am

Hi, I want to share an idea of mine and get some comments regarding it, if most people seem to like it, I might even implement it into the guild.

The idea is pretty basic, the point of it is for people with multiple specs to be able to Need on Offspec items while still attending in their Mainspec.

And here is how, Officers and I will form a list for every class of items we consider are best in slot for every classes spec. If the person is able to obtain every best in slot item thats on the list we created for their Mainspec, than they will be able to unlock one other spec to choose from when attending a raid, however they will have to let the Raid Leader know if they wish to roll on Mainspec or the Offspec they unlocked before the raid starts. By the way, some people might not agree with the decision Officers and I will make regarding what item is best in slot for their class/spec, but keep in mind you just have to have the item, you don't have to use it to be able to unclock the need on offspec option.

I know some of you might not like this idea, but allot of people sort of loose the initiative/motive to attend raids in their Mainspec after having a maxed out set. I'm sure some of you might think that those people should farm DKP points for when SWP opens, but I'm sure SWP won't open in the next 3-5 months, and when it does get open we could temporarily remove this system. This system will not only benefit people with multiple specs, but it will also strengthen our raids and make them much smoother, afterall it's sort of unfair for the maxed out geared people to attend raids just to gear someone whos missing something and not having a chance to get anything in return.

Please read everything above, and make a post in which you will state if you like or don't like this idea and why you like or dont like it.
Back to top Go down
https://innkeepers.forumotion.net
Shellesham

PostSubject: Re: Unlocking Need on Offspecs   Unlocking Need on Offspecs EmptyThu May 12, 2011 1:05 pm

That is good idea for sure , but wouldn't be fair to lets say ( tank that needs ring or trinket to lose it from fury warrior affraid ) so you have my vote for unlocking as long people with REAL main spec don't need that item.
Back to top Go down
Hammer

PostSubject: Re: Unlocking Need on Offspecs   Unlocking Need on Offspecs EmptyThu May 12, 2011 1:15 pm

I think its a great idea, and i agree that it should benefit the guild, the raids aswell as the players with multiple specs, has my vote Smile
Back to top Go down
Nici

PostSubject: Re: Unlocking Need on Offspecs   Unlocking Need on Offspecs EmptyFri May 13, 2011 4:47 am

I think the idea to unlock need on offspec for maxed out players is good to keep them active so gernally the idea has my vote.

But to make this really working everyone who plays a more specc class (like druid, priest, shaman, paladin, warrior) would need to have a constant MS otherwise guys who come on different spec each raid are still in advantage and this rule would make no sense. The constant MS should be the spec you are best geared atm imo.

And my second point i would to say something about is that maxed out status should be really maxed out and not too easy to achive. For example i would even say that priest healer need illidan weapon and trinket to achieve the maxed out status. Cause if it's to easy to get this status it would be unfair to other ppl who really need such items for there mainspec and someone wins it for his unlocked OS.

Feel free to give me your thoughts about that!
Back to top Go down
Inception

PostSubject: Re: Unlocking Need on Offspecs   Unlocking Need on Offspecs EmptyFri May 13, 2011 11:13 am

Well to achieve this status where you could roll need on offspec you would need to gain a maxed out item set for your mainspec. And classes such as druids/paladins/shamans who have three possible specs can only unlock one to pick from once they reach maxed out gear. So lets say I'm forming a raid, the following member who unlocked an offspec would have to let me know if he wants to roll need on the offspec he unlocked, if he doesn't let me know that than I'll just consider his rolling need on whatever spec he is currently in.
Back to top Go down
Nici

PostSubject: Re: Unlocking Need on Offspecs   Unlocking Need on Offspecs EmptyFri May 13, 2011 4:11 pm

Yes i got that. My point is that every more specc class player need to choose one specc (i would say the one he has best gear for) to be his constant MS and he only rolls MS on this specc no matter if he is on this specc or not. Only if he maxxed out this MS he can roll MS on his unlocked OS. Cause if you dont define such a constant MS for everyone this rule wouldn't be any advantage to the guys who always need to come on a specific specc to make the raid going. i'll make an example:

X is a resto druid and is needed as resto everytime to make the raid happen.
Y is a druid who has feral and resto gear and comes one raid as feral and one raid as resto.
Lets say X is aiming for the maxed out status but haven't achieved it yet. So he would be still the idiot cause Y is getting feral and resto gear on MS rolls.
That's my point why i say that we have to create a constant MS for every more specc class player. So Y would have to choose his better spec as constant MS (for example feral) and would have to max out his specc to unlock his other specc (for example resto).

I hope you got my point now.
Back to top Go down
Inception

PostSubject: Re: Unlocking Need on Offspecs   Unlocking Need on Offspecs EmptyFri May 13, 2011 7:49 pm

I understand your point, but if druid Y came in different spec from raid to raid and win items for both specs, would mean druid Y would be using up more DKP than druid X who is only rolling on resto gear, and in the end still balancing out the system, just would be a matter of which druid bothered to put more effort and show up for most of the raids to earn that little DKP boost. But just to be clear you cannot roll both specs in one raid, you would have to choose to either roll in the spec your currently in or the offspec you unlocked.
Back to top Go down
Meiko

PostSubject: Re: Unlocking Need on Offspecs   Unlocking Need on Offspecs EmptySat May 14, 2011 12:23 pm

imo its a pretty good ideea...but that person really has to be maxed out...if he lacks 1 item it shouldnt be allowed to need on offspec....say if i get warglaives on war and all t6 and teron cloak, i still wouldnt be able to roll on tank items until i also get the neck from supremus wich would make me maxed on MS fury....so i agree as long as those ppl trully are maxed out on their MS and we are all pretty far from it so its gud cuz its not gona hapen fast and sudden
Back to top Go down
Jangli

PostSubject: great   Unlocking Need on Offspecs EmptySat May 14, 2011 12:54 pm

Inception thats great....I liked that Idea....I hope it will be Implemented in best way so that everyone is Happy
Back to top Go down
Inception

PostSubject: Re: Unlocking Need on Offspecs   Unlocking Need on Offspecs EmptySat May 14, 2011 12:59 pm

Glaives are abit overrated imo, s4 or boj for fury would do aswell to count as maxed out imo.
Back to top Go down
Lapac

PostSubject: Re: Unlocking Need on Offspecs   Unlocking Need on Offspecs EmptySat May 14, 2011 5:33 pm

I dont like idea if unlocked offspec guy take item from me as my mainspec scratch
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Lapac88
Inception

PostSubject: Re: Unlocking Need on Offspecs   Unlocking Need on Offspecs EmptySat May 14, 2011 6:25 pm

Lapac wrote:
I dont like idea if unlocked offspec guy take item from me as my mainspec scratch

So in your opinion those people who have maxed out gear should attend raids just to gear you if they don't have the chance to attend in a different spec because the raid keeps needing them in their mainspec?
Back to top Go down
Meiko

PostSubject: Re: Unlocking Need on Offspecs   Unlocking Need on Offspecs EmptySun May 15, 2011 4:44 am

well sure glaives may not count as max out but imagine me going fury and saying that i roll tank items..and glaive drops..that would be rly messed up...so ima stick to fury MS till i get at least Main hand Very Happy besides my tank gear only requires t6 pieces pretty much so its no biggie i will get those in time Very Happy i still think its a good ideea to unlock offspec need but as i said...u have to be maxed out gud Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Lumiina

PostSubject: Re: Unlocking Need on Offspecs   Unlocking Need on Offspecs EmptyMon May 16, 2011 12:26 pm

This is a bad idea for me i play warrior shaman and paladin but i dislike this
Back to top Go down
beatrice

PostSubject: Re: Unlocking Need on Offspecs   Unlocking Need on Offspecs EmptyMon May 16, 2011 4:41 pm

I agree and aprove this.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Unlocking Need on Offspecs   Unlocking Need on Offspecs Empty

Back to top Go down

Unlocking Need on Offspecs
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Innkeepers :: Player Service Forum :: Suggestions-
Jump to: